1.04.2006

Wednesday Proverbs

First, 411 message... I think this prayer topic is something I want to really take seriously and address with a lot more fullness than a couple of off-the-cuff blogs can do. Unlike some of my more prolific friends, I will need time to research, pray, and plan as I prepare to take this subject on. And please understand my purpose here is not to preach, but to clearly express my own convictions as well as the valuable instruction found in God's Word in order to encourage and possibly challenge the reader. (Rest assured, most of what I post will be something for which I too am striving, not an area where I have "arrived"). In any case, I will not continue today with that post. Probably will resume next Tuesday.


For now,

I have been reading in Proverbs for about the past month and have been setting aside a list of verses that particularly convict or otherwise capture my thinking for Christ and my pursuit of Godly living. I think it will benefit me (and hopefully you) to expound on some of these same verses. Today's Proverb is
:

"Anxiety in a man's heart weighs him down, but a good word makes him glad." ~Prov. 12:25

which I think particularly speaks to me when seen through the spectacles of this verse:

"But you have come...to Jesus, the mediator of a new covenant, and to the sprinkled blood that speaks a better word than the blood of Abel." ~Hebrews 12:22-24

These two verses provide great reason for joy without ceasing! When I am tempted to fear or worry because my children won't listen, or when I fear that my husband won't make his fiscal goal for the month and we won't get paid, or for any other reason under the sun...THIS speaks a better word than all my fears have to say. In fact, it quite silences them. Thank you Jesus for the better word of your precious blood!





"What can wash away my sin?
What can make me whole again?
Nothing but the blood, nothing but the blood of Jesus!

What can wash me pure as snow?

Welcomed as the friend of God

Nothing but your blood, nothing but your blood, King Jesus"
~Nothing but the Blood, Matt Redman

No comments: