1.02.2006

New Year (a day late)

Well, I suppose the New Year makes for a good excuse to start blogging. My six month old son is the reason I am here. (He's seated behind me...babbling loudly for my attention, both kids woke up with a fever this morning). The biggest thing on my spiritual plate these days is discipline. I don't mean trouble, although sometimes it feels this way. I mean choosing what is best in a fallen world, particularly what is best to devote my time to. Things distract me constantly. I think as a young mother I even have distractions from my distractions. :-) But one thing is clear to me from Scripture. This life is not to be taken lightly. It is a cosmic battle for the eternal souls of all people and I have been ordained as a warrior, like it or not. There's no point hiding in the fields eating cucumbers when I ought to be sharpening my sword and practicing my charge. The challenge for me is to live as though I truly believe in the God I call my Savior.
I also tend to be an extrmemist, spending one week devoted entirely to scripture reading (to the neglect of my home and family), the next week I don't crack the Bible because I feel such conviction for ignoring my husband and kids, and the following week off on selfish pursuits and laziness because I "need a break" from all the housework and child-rearing. What a mess, but boy am I ever amazed by the grace of God!

1 comment:

faith ann raider said...

Dear Taylor,
Hi! It was so nice meeting you on Sunday at CrossWay! I found your blog through Sherri Wilkerson's blog. Thanks so much for your thoughts and beautiful photos!
My heart is right alongside yours, I too am so distracted & scattered. Even the things I do to try to keep me focused seem to distract me! What a mercy our Father is so patient with us tired young mommies!!