1.11.2007

Quick Notes

Johnmark had his first day as an intern yesterday.

We are both attempting to read through the whole Bible this year (his goal is to finish in 6 months).


My anxiety about having another baby is growing for the following reasons:
1. we are entering a tremendously busy season of life, so I am lacking faith for the added responsibility
2. we are not clear on our financial horizon, due to some "complications" with our insurance situation
3. on that note, I am not sure that we will be able to use the same mid-wives that I have used with my other two, which would be out of the question in my mind
4. logistically, I can't imagine managing three on Sundays with JM's added responsibilities at church. Also, with Tabby starting school more formally this fall, I am again certain I will be staggerring to find time to manage the home.

I think that many of these problems would be present at any time, and if not these, then some other version of them. What is important is determining God's will. And please don't misunderstand. I really desire to have another baby. I wouldn't dream of facing these challenges apart from these two things. It is a matter of prayer.

Quarrelsome.
A word to describe JM and (moreso) me over the past week

Encouragement(s)
Susan B.'s prayer for our care group.
The kind congratulations of many in the church with regard to the internship
The "Schedule" is working
Karen's kind offer to help me with the house in preparation for our first care group meeting

JM has continued to be intentional about taking the children for me when I am crashing in the evenings, or when I need a few minutes of work, uninterrupted. Last night, B&N. Yesterday afternoon, the trampoline.

Finally, PRAISE THE LORD for His mercy on our nation by healing Al Mohler!

2 comments:

a suburban housewife said...

HellO! Did I miss something?

Melanie said...

I thought so too! I was already announcing it to Kathryn :-) So, what's the deal with the internship? Hardly ANY news gets to Hawaii...