1.05.2007

Happy New Year, etc.

Well, Colorado was very cold. In spite of that, I must confess it was a great trip. I can't quite call it a vacation, because I am learning that young mommies don't really have those. Although, one of the nights we were gone, my parents graciously agreed to watch the kids and JM took me out on a very romantic and sweet date. We walked around the snowy village (in big, warm, furry coats...well mine was furry) and held hands and got lost, but then eventually found our way to this rustic lodge of a restaurant. An Italian cabin, I suppose. The food and wine were molto benne. Actually, I don't recall seeing that written before, did I spell it right? Anyone? Well, anyway, wonderful night. Stopped off at Starbucks and enjoyed one another's company some more and went home so happy and relaxed. What a night!

I did ski. No, I don't prefer to ski. But Vail has the best ski slopes in the world, so I certainly can't be ungrateful for that, and yes, I did ski the black diamonds a couple of times. I like the lazy blues that best though...
Tabitha (as in, my three year old daughter) skiied. She loved it. She hated it. She was so darn cute in that ski outfit. So, I suppose she will want to go again. Titus did not dig the snow. (Good man!) He spent most of his time watching videos and eating fudge in the condo with me, JM, or my mom. Bet you can't guess who fed him the fudge...

Also, my favorite feature...the outdoor hot tub. My hair got just a little wet on the ends one night when we were in there. A few minutes later, it was frozen. Frozen hair, boiling toes. So bizarre. The best part is running from the tub back to the door into the building. Wet. Wrapped in a frozen towel and icy flip flops and of course a big furry coat. Giggling all the way. JM did it barefoot. No wonder he got sick. :-)

That's all for now.

1 comment:

jmg said...

i demand pictures of tabitha in a ski suit! glad you guys had a great time :)