9.28.2006

Another Day


I am trying to work my way back into this "consistent posting" thing, so bear with me. I am utterly shocked by the fact that October is only two days away...

How the gospel has been working in my life lately: may I first share His Grace!!! I have truly seen a change in the way I relate to my children. Praise the Lord! Praise the Lord! I cannot tell you how grateful my heart is to see this fruit begin to take shape in my life. Patience, joy, kindness, and yes, even self-control. I know that these changes are not in my own power or my own heart; rather, they are a work of the power of Christ's resurrection, manifest by the Spirit's conquering presence in my soul. They are a gift from God Himself. Please don't hear that I am finished with the fight. I know I have FAR to go in terms of overcoming the sins of impatience, anger, selfishness, and rude behavior. I am just freshly aware of the Lord's kindness and victory in my life in these areas. I have truly enjoyed mothering my two children. I have not been as impatient and short-tempered with them. I have not been harsh with them when they turn out to be foolish and clumsy. These may sound like small things to you, but for me they are monumental. I pray that His grace would continue to reign in this area of my life. My faith is so built! Thank you, Lord!

1 comment:

a suburban housewife said...

Precious pictures. Even more precious in real life.