9.13.2006

...and now I remeber why I hate spiders.

Yesterday, I was walking along my garden and noticed that same green spider in the same flower as when I took the picture on Monday. Well, about ten minutes later I glanced over and saw that "loathsome creature" (to quote J. Edwards) hanging upside down under the petals of my pink zinnia and sucking the blood out of a bumblebee that it was holding with its gruesome extra legs. And to think, I even considered posting on my blog that I thought that spider was kind of cool. In that moment, I had before my eyes a living picture of the power of sin. I had been fooled into believing that this spider was nice because it was pretty and didn't have a web like those big nasty banana spiders that hang around. It was a garden spider, helpful to my flowers by keeping away pests. HA! BUMBLEBEES ARE HELPFUL, SPIDERS ARE MURDERERS!!! I decided to relax my spider theory because this spider was different, a kind I had never seen before. But it does the same reprehensible act that all spiders do (besides having too many legs); it lives by sucking the blood out of other creatures. If that is not a picture of sin, I don't know what is. What kind of creature lives off of blood? Ick, yuck, and nastiness!!! I think I will go outside and spray that awful thing down with Lysol. And then possibly light a match.

2 comments:

a suburban housewife said...

Careful with those pyro-like activities!!

princesskate7 said...

Hi Taylor!
Thanks for giving me your website... I will be checking up on it :-) I look forward to your next post. God bless.
-Katie