3.05.2007

Lots of Things

That is the title of the email JM sent me last Monday. It is an accurately blurry description of my recent life. And although I am completely exhausted at the moment, I did want to share a moment of clarity that I had about half an hour ago. I was walking through the kitchen carrying my sleeping Tabby to lay her down for an overdue nap. I glanced at what was left of the lunch I almost got to eat earlier in the day (which I am now consuming while blogging...veggie lasagna, by the way). I realized at that moment how wonderful and comfortable my life was. I have delicious (albeit leftovers) food to eat. I can choose whatever I want for a meal. I can go to the grocery store (like I did this morning) and splurge on a piece of chocolate cake, or some sparkling water (I bought both today). I can come home to my quiet, air-conditioned house that smells like clean (and unfolded) laundry and rest for a while before my kids wake up. I had a bath today. With wonderful Melaleuca shampoo (more later on that topic). My husband, bless God, wanted to work extra hard today, so he could come home early and give me a nap. What kind of husband is that wonderful?! Besides all of that, I have had so much time to read Scripture today. What amazing grace our Lord gives us. After reading several chapters each of Exodus, Job, Luke, and 1 Cor.(I am trying to catch up on my read-through-the-Bible-in-a-year plan), I realized how much I have that I don't deserve, and how much I take for granted, and how much God loves and takes care of me anyway. I believe I will be among the least in the Kingdom of Heaven, but wow. I am a citizen of it. My heart's cry is that I would become less on this earth, so that my glory could be in Heaven, and God's glory in all.

No comments: