5.25.2006

Never Time

Will the whirlwind ever stop? I can't really tell from here, but this morning (as with every other morning I can remember for a long while) I am tired. We are hosting several and various college students in our home of late, and, in addition to mothering two wee ones, attempting to cook, clean, and care for guests and maintain something of a marriage :-) I am really tired. Don't get me wrong, JM and I are having the time of our lives; I personally really love having so many people around, I just wish I could have the energy that Tabitha does all the time. Okay, so why am I blogging? First of all, because I just walked into the office looking for the Swiffer and I realized the golden oppurtunity before me. No one needs me right now. Second, because I feel tremendous blogger's guilt for not writing in so long. And third, perhaps most importantly...I have something to say. :-) Recently, I have been quite convicted about the lack of thanksgiving on my lips and in my prayers. So, I am desirous to change there. 1 Corinthians talks about the gift of tongues and within the idea that one of the primary purposes of tongues is to speak thanks to God for self-edification. Now I have understood for some time the concept of tongues as a form of intercessory prayer and have seen the Lord move powerfully in that particular Spirit manifestation. Unfortunately, I don't think I've ever recognized tongues as a mode of giving thanks to God. Consequently, I don't know that I have ever really meditated on God's character and actions toward me long enough to be provoked to speak in tongues of thanksgiving. And that, my friends, is sad. I desire a heart that bursts open with thanksgiving to God. So there is indeed some idol smashing to be done in me. Lord, help me not to love this world more than you! I desire to know Your face, and to be truly in love with You. I want to be more thankful for You, God!

No comments: