3.14.2006

Happy Birthday, Sweetheart

Today is my honey's 26th birthday. In light of the fact that he wants nothing remotely resembling a party, I will have to use my blog for the birthday "love gush". :-) You can always stop reading if it gets too gushy. :-)

I have been married to this man for almost *gasp four years now. I have known him closer to six. I still wonder sometimes what God was thinking by giving me such a gift in my husband. He got kind of a raw deal, while I walked away with a precious jewel from the Lord. My husband has been through a greal deal in his life; he is the oldest of ten children, which means a lot of responsibility to be a good example and a great servant. He has excelled as both. He is a strong, yet gentle leader. He does not fear change or heavily weighted situations (though I do). I am amazed by his patience, his steady vision, and his integrity even in the middle of intense challenge. He has also had "misfortunes" in his life. I say it that way because I don't think he would call them that. From breaking his back to rolling a farm tractor onto himself to crashing cars over the sides of mountains to hospitalizing eye injuries to house burnings, God has chosen to repeatedly test my husband in the fire. And by God's grace and power, he continues to come forth as gold. I cannot express the gratitude to God that I feel when I look into Johnmark's eyes. What amazing grace! If you read this post today, I would ask that you think of a way to encourage my husband. If you know him, please give him a call or send him an email expressing God's grace in his life. If you do not know him, please take a few moments to pray for him today. That would be the greatest birthday gift I could give him, the prayers of the saints. :-) Happy birthday, sweetheart!

1 comment:

a suburban housewife said...

Taylor, how sweet of you to post this about JohnMark. This is something we can all share in; unlike the lunch plans...(!!!) Your love for your husband shines through in all you do- like the lunch plans...(!!!)