2.08.2006

A love for the Church

Just had a friend of my husband's stop by, and while he was talking with Johnmark, he mentioned that his wife and family are praying and fasting today all day through dinner on behalf of the church. They are praying for the other members to have faith for this coming Sunday's service, as well as for care group. I stood in the kitchen, hearing this, and feeling the jealousy of God in my heart. He longs for me to love his bride in that way. I may not be in a season where fasting is a possibility (I am still nursing my son, and barely able to do that), but boy, God can still use my heart. May I have a heart that so longs after God and the furthering of His kingdom, that my day would be shaped by such a sacrificial love for others. Praise the Lord for such a beautiful gift!

No comments: